Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Egg Drop Soup Recipe

So I found a recipe while lurking around the web yesterday for egg drop soup. I love this soup so I decided to try it out. I thought it turned out pretty yummy. I doubled the recipe so there was enough for my ravenous husband.

2 cans chicken broth or 4 cups of homemade or made with bouillion
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
2 tbs chopped chives
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch

If you are using bouillion boil the water and throw in the cubes. If not place the broth in a pot over medium high heat. Reserve 3/4 cups of broth to be used later. Bring broth to a rolling boil. While broth is heating scramble 2 eggs plus the 1 egg yolk. Once broth is boiling add the chives and ginger and mix well. Slowly let egg drip from fork into boiling broth. Egg should cook instantly. Continue in small amounts until all the egg is used. Serve hot.

If you can find wonton noodles you can fry up some of them to serve with it. I could not find any yesterday but it was yummy without them.

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Natalie, It's great to see you BACK. Sorry to hear about your problems. Hope your meds are helping. How's the hubby and son???? Is your job still good???

Missed you.
Hugs,
Betsy

Lisa Brawner said...

it sounds yummy. I love egg drop soup

Stacy said...

yeah i totally love this