Monday, December 1, 2008

Easy Potato Soup






Cold? Hungry? Want something quick and easy for dinner? Then I have the recipe for you!


Put some water in a big pot. (How much depends on the size of your family and how much they eat)


Heat water to boiling.


Add instant mashed potato flakes. The amount will depend on how much water you used. You want the mixture to be soupy. The way I do it is add a little at a time because it will thicken. You want it to be a little thicker than you really want it to be. Then add some milk to the desired consistency.


Now comes the fun part:


Take whatever leftover veggies you have and add them to the soup. Whatever sounds good. If you do not have any leftovers just throw in a couple of cans of stuff. I used leftovers and a few cans of veggies.


Here is what I used in mine tonight: leftover mashed potatos (there were not very many), leftover lima beans, leftover green peas. Then I added a can of mushroom slices, a can of mixed veggies, a can of corn, and a handfull of shredded cheddar cheese. I also chopped some onions and added them. Then I added a generous amount of smoked garlic from these guys, some dried basil, and salt. You will want to add at least some salt as the soup will be souper bland without it (sorry could not resist the bad pun). I threw in some butter and let it simmer until the biscuits were done.


This recipe is really open for whatever you want to add. There are no set guidelines. It is an easy meal, that can be used to clean out the fridge, and is ready in a matter of minutes.


Here is the recipe for the biscuits I made. This was my first time making these and they turned out pretty tasty, and were pretty easy to make

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy! Alot easier than peeling potatoes!

MJ said...

Soup sounds yummy!

I've got you down for the skin bundle. I'll email you details and give you some choices for moisturizer, etc :)

Lisa Brawner said...

sounds like one yummy supper tonight :)