Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend projects

It has been a BUSY weekend. But it has been fun.
The snow put a bit of a damper on my spirit, but it didn't keep me from doing what I wanted too. (And let me delay on going to the laundromat to wash clothes.)
Saturday was a wonderful day! Thanks so much for lunch Jessica! I will be moving into Joseph Beth next weekend. If anyone needs me, I will be there.
AWESOME STORE! Bronte was really good too. Good company was the best part though.
Girls lunch. Have not done that in ummmm 9 months!
Then home to pick up my neighbor and go to the grocery store. Then I went to Lisa's and enjoyed her and Liz's company. I had a blast sitting around talking with them! And Lisa made me an awesome Christmas present. Seems like everytime I leave there I come home with a TON more stuff. She gave me some cocoa butter that I came home and made some moisturizer and lip balm with. And some yummy oils.
Today was spent playing in the snow this morning. Then I started cleaning the apartment. Once that was done I pulled out the crafts.
I made wreaths out of old scratched CD's.




Then I made 2 batches of homemade hot chocolate and marshmallow mix for Christmas gifts.




I still have to put the ribbons and recipe cards on them but they are almost done.




Then I restrung 2 necklaces on the better wire Lisa gave me ages ago.




It is time to go relax for a while.

Here are a few more pics of things I did this weekend for your enjoyment.












My apartment door.

The lovely piece that Lisa gave me is now on top of our entertainment center.
















5 comments:

hls1209 said...

Those hot chocolate mixes are ADORABLE! What great gifts they will make.

Unknown said...

Great idea for using old CDs - I have so many of them, I may have to try this.

I made 2 batches of my "fireside coffee" this weekend. I give it as gifts every year. It's a cross between coffee and hot chocolate!

Lisa Brawner said...

those are all adorable ! Never thought of using old cds for wreaths. Cute :) Joseph Beth is a great store. I havenet been there in several years. My daughter and i use to go every week when she was still here.

Jessica said...

I had fun too...girl's lunch rocks! :) I need that hot chocolate mix recipe. I need to make a few for gifts.

Anonymous said...

You and Lisa are the only people I actually enjoy sitting around and bsing with lol. Maybe it's because it seems you guys are the only people I know who have an appreciation for the "little things" that save money, help the earth, are crafty and are thoughtful, etc. <3